Thursday, December 21, 2006

I don't think I really believe this poem...

... but it *is* rather witty.

It ever has been since time began,
And ever will be, till time lose breath,
That love is a mood--no more--to man,
And love to a woman is life or death.

-Ella Wheeler Wilcox (1850-1919)


So, I was reading in "Mars and Venus on a Date" about how I sabotaged my potential relationship w/he of the binary numbers tattoo (if you missed that part, read my last post to catch up). Apparently, my wave crashed and I turned the tables on the pursuit while he was stretching instead of waiting for his rubberband to snap back. "OH! It's all so clear to me now!" (grrr-RRR).

Okay, so what John Gray is basically telling me is that I should heed the advice of Dr. Alan Grant: Men are like T-Rex - "[he] doesn't want to be fed, he wants to hunt!" Well flip! (Yes, "flip" is my euphamistic version of the "f" word...deal.) How the heck do I turn myself back into prey - especially when the would-be hunter is not in a position to notice that the would-be hunted is making herself scarce and trying not to look over her shoulder to see if she's being chased yet? I hate playing games.

Can I just ask for a do-over - please and thankyouverymuch? Who cares whether it's just to be friends or more? Cuz, y'know, where am I gonna find another Indie-Music-loving I.T. Nerd to talk Star Wars-t.v.-&-movie-shop with?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home